168 - Samiur Rahman
Samiur Rahman is the cofounder and CEO of Heyday, an AI-powered research assistant
I’m excited thrilled to announce that Heyday has raised a $6.5M Seed led by Kevin Thau at Spark Capital. My co-founder, Sam DeBrule, shared our pitch deck on Twitter earlier this week. Here’s my workspace while I was raising our round:
- Macbook Pro 16” 64GB Ram (2019)
- Amazon Basics Laptop Stand (discontinued)
- Remarkable 2
- Panasonic Lumix GX85 Camera + Joby GorillaPod + Elgato CamLink + Dummy Battery Power adapter
- Brancaster Genuine Leather Conference Chair (bought from Craigslist fire sale)
- Philz Philtered Soul, Medium Roast
- Klean Kanteen water bottle
- Sony WH-1000XM4
- Springbank 12 Year (for after 8 calls in a row)
- Dominion + Dominion Prosperity (used as Camera stand)
What do you look forward to most each day? Least?
Most: Talking through crazy new ideas of how we can automate more things for people
Least: Doing the million little mundane things that’s necessary to run a business
How do you spark creativity?
Going for long walks, particularly with Sam (my cofounder). Let the conversation flow, instead of having an agenda.
What excites you most about Heyday?
I hate doing mundane things, and I hate the feeling of “forgetting something”. Heyday will make that better for me and for millions of others! LFG!