203 - Jack Bridger
He has interviewed the people behind established DevTools like Algolia, SendGrid & AWS. As well as up and coming DevTool startups like Neptune.ai and AssemblyAI to find out how side projects become unicorns.
- Mac Mini 2018, Core i5, 16GB
- Mac stand - Double Vertical Laptop Stand, OMOTON
- Microphone - Shure MV7 with USB
- Mic stand - RØDE PSA1 Professional Studio Arm
- Light - GODOX ES45 E-Sports And Live Streaming Bi-Colour LED Light
- Webcam - Logitech C920 Pro
- Monitor - iiyama G-Master GB3266QSU-B1 Curved 1800R 32 Inch VA LCD, 144z, 1ms (MPRT), 2560x1440
- Monitor Mount - Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Monitor Arm, Tall Pole
- Mouse - Logitech M720 Triathlon Wireless PRO
- Mousepad - TECKNET Mouse Mat with Memory Foam Rest
- Keyboard - Kinesis Freestyle2 with Kinesis Freestyle2 VIP3 Accessory Kit-Black
- Desk tidy - Yamazaki Tower Desk Organiser, Black
- Chair - Herman Miller Aeron (second hand)
What is your favorite item in your workspace?
I love my Ergotron monitor mount. I originally bought a cheap one but it just wasn't good enough for a big screen.
The Ergotron feels like it will last a lifetime and can be adjusted to any position with ease.
How do you spark creativity?
I try to be creative away from my desk. Sitting at the dining table with a big A3 notebook or walking in my local park with a little notepad to hand.
I try to limit desk time to getting stuff done and away-from-desk time for coming up with plans and working on ideas.
How do you manage work-life balance?
My body naturally regulates it by giving me really bad neck and shoulder pains when I spend too much time at the desk. If I spend all weekend at my desk, I'll be in agony by the following Wednesday.
So I take regular tea breaks. I try to stretch out as much as possible and go for walks at lunchtime. And I try to limit time at my desk.