230 - Matías Hernández
Matías Hernándeza is a Chilean software Engineer who has been working remotely for the last 12 years. As a side hobby/hustle, he writes technical articles, records video lessons, and also records a podcast.
He is also the father of 2 little kids, enjoys playing the drums and guitar and reading.
Twitter → twitter.com/matiasfha
- M1 Macbook Pro 13” 16GB RAM.
- MX Master 2S as a mouse
- Keychron K3, mechanical low-profile keyboard.
- Shure BETA 87A microphone.
- Blue Compass as a boom arm
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen as an audio interface (under the desk right side)
- The headphones are the JBL Tune 600BTNC.
- Webcam Logitech c9222.
- Monitor Xiaomi Mi 34” curved
- Xiaomi Bar Light as a desk light
- Local-built Standing desk
- and custom-made desk shelf
- Dock Kensington SD5700T
- Logitech MX Sound as speakers
- 2 ring lights as the main and key lights
- At the back of the monitor, there is a Govee light strip
- Behind me, on the sofa, there is another LED light strip from VOCOlinc
What is your favorite item in your workspace?
I would say that I love my big enough monitor. It has a perfect size IMHO to not be too huge that I need to turn my head around and big enough to place all I need to do my work at a glance.
How do you spark creativity?
Reading about many topics and going out of the office space to play music can help.
How do you manage work-life balance?
I am a full-time father too!! So work-life balance is essential.
Luckily my work is flexible and family-friendly, so I can work when the kids are around without too many troubles, but in general, I wake up early to do my writing and start working, so I can be with the kids afternoon when they come back from school.