347 - Michael Di Genova
Michael Di Genova is the co-founder of Work Louder, where they made the first modular keyboard for digital creators.
The keyboard you see on his desk is actually one that he saw on instagram way back in 2020. He wanted it so bad that actually teamed up with the guy who made the render of it, and together they brought it to reality!
How's that for a "how I met my co-founder" story?
Inside Michael's Workspace
- Monitor - 34" LG Ultrawide
- Keyboard - Creator Board // wrk Blind keyset // Low profile Kailh choc Red switches
- Marco pad - Creator Micro // wrk Blind keyset // Low profile Kailh choc White switches
- Desk mat - Floppy chameleon
- Mouse - Wireless Basilisk x Hyperspeed Razer
- Phone mount - Belkin two in one iphone/watch stand
- Speaker - OB4 by Teenage Engineering
- Mic Arm - Contemporary studio microphone arm by Brateck
What is the most useful item in your workspace?
I would say the Creator Board as I use the dials and extra keys from everything to general OS media controls / shortcuts, to video editing, to graphic design, and whatever other creative software I'm in - since it works with everything!
How do you spark creativity?
I like scrolling through the IG explore page and seeing what inspires me. I then ask myself why I felt inspired by that post, and build off what that other creator did to make something of my own.
How do you manage work-life balance?
I essentially boil it down to urgent/not urgent when it's the weekend, and answer light messages on social just because I find it fun engaging with people online. During the week I just simply don't sit at my desk after 8pm otherwise I'll just start working again.
What do you think is the main benefit of remote work?
It gives people more agency and control in their work schedule, which I believe has a positive effect on their mental health, and not just output. That being said, I believe it has the reserve effect long term if specific goals aren't being set to measure success.