364 - Michael Soledad
Michael Soledad is a Graphic Designer and Photographer turned full-time content creator where he helps people design their dream workspace.
He started his journey on Instagram back in 2018 and now runs a YouTube channel where he covers topics on working from home and tech. He also runs a podcast called Coffee with Creators.
He works from home with his wife and two kids.
Inside Michael's Workspace
- Viewsonic 38" Ultrawide (VP3881A) Monitor
- Modular Desk Shelf by Balolo with a MagSafe holder attachment, Stream Deck holder, and Laptop holder.
- MX Keys keyboard by Logitech
- MX Master 2S mouse by Logitech
- Grovemade headphone stand
- Analog note system by Ugmonk
- Ergonofis electronic standing desk
- Ergonofis YouToo ergonomic chair
- 14" M1 Max Macbook Pro
- CalDigit TS3 Plus dock
- Xiamoi monitor light that I repurposed as backlighting. The dial on the desk shelf controls the brightness.
- The Complete Calvin and Hobbes book collection
- Two Homepod minis
- Link webcam by Insta360
What is the most useful item in your workspace?
The CalDigit TS3 dock that I mounted under my desk. It gives me access to extra ports and an SD card slot. Everything that needs to be connected to my MacBook runs through this dock so all I need is a single thunderbolt cable to make everything work.
How do you spark creativity?
I step away from social media and do something "selfish". Something that has no purpose other than personal enjoyment like listening to music, watching a B-movie, or going biking.
How do you manage work-life balance?
My phone is perpetually on "do not disturb" and I don't work on weekends.
What do you think is the main benefit of remote work?
For creatives, it's being able to freely express yourself through your space. I can fill it with things that truly inspire me and it became an extension of who I am.