121 - Nikki Chan
Nikki Chan leads the Customer Experience (CX) at Looking Glass Factory, a holographic display company based out of Brooklyn & Hong Kong.
She is interested in exploring tools for creativity and creative thought and how we can make software and systems more malleable for everyone.
🎉 Fun fact - that yellow-ed crossword tacked to the top left of the wall is from january 2019, significant because the clue for 7 down is - what alice goes through to find "jabberwocky" printed backward (answer: THELOOKINGGLASS) -- felt like a fun one to keep :-)
- Daily driver | MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" - not maxed out at all but a total step up from my old MacBook. For 3D creation / work, I use a MSI P65 Creator from 2018. It's a little old but still does the job!
- Holographic Display | Looking Glass Portrait - your first personal holographic display, of course.
- Keyboard | Magic Girl Portico Keyboard - who doesn't love a cute keyboard? I oscillate between this one, three other mechanical keyboards and of course the classic magic keyboard. Switching between them makes me feel like I'm in a new work environment without actually having to change to much
- Headphones | AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) - i love these things so much.
- Mic | Razer Seiren Mini in white - to be honest, not the best mic there is but much better than nothing at all.
- Trackpad | Magic Trackpad - i switch between using the trackpad and the logitech MX vertical but most of the time, find myself going back to the trackpad a lot.
- Apple Watch Charger | Elago Macintosh Apple Watch Charger has got to be one of my favorite things I have ever owned.
- Notebook | Midori MD A5 - softest paper out there.
- Tablet | iPad 12.9" Pro from 2020 with the magic keyboard and apple pencil
- Pen | Muji 0.38
- Chair | Herman Miller Sayl Chair
- Standing desk | brandless but does the job!
Favorite Software Tools:
Some recent favorites: