140 - Jaisal Rathee
As you can see, he prefers to travel light with only his laptop or iPad along with some basic accessories.
Tools for traveling light:
- iPad Air 4th Gen: This is great for a multi purpose device.
- Apple Pencil 2: Essential when doing creative work, use this for note taking and writing down ideas, and drawing website wireframes or outlining projects.
- Magic Keyboard: Perfect companion when I’m doing editing/typing work, writing email copy for clients, or just attempting lightweight work that doesn’t require me to lug around my laptop.
- DJI Pocket 2: I’ve recently started carrying this as it’s an easy to use and lightweight 4k camera with an in built gimbal, perfect for moving shots or just simple street photography.
- MacBook Air 2019: A more general use device that I primarily use for building websites, Webflow work or editing videos.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases on some of the Amazon links that may be attached to the products above.
How do you spark creativity?
I find that my most creative time is between 10am - 11am in the morning. A well made flat white and some good coffee shop ambience is usually the perfect way to kickstart my creative power hour. If I’m lacking creativity or feeling a bit flat then a short walk in the woods also helps clear my head and get the creative juices flowing.
How do you keep the work-life balance?
I’m still figuring this one out, and I’m sure my girlfriend will agree. My recent improvements have included attempting a dopamine detox, and trying not to focus on any client work during the evenings and weekends. The latter has definitely helped and I find I actually get more work done during the hours I have available in the week.