140 - Jaisal Rathee
Jaisal Rathee is an entrepreneur focusing on a portfolio of small bets. His main focus right now is Insanely Useful Websites, a newsletter that helps you discover websites that you didn’t know existed.
He’s also working on Cold Email Club (cold email copywriting as a service), Affiliate Hunter (helping you find the best affiliate programs that pay the highest commission), and Billion Dollar Pitch Decks (showing you the pitch decks of billion dollar startups before they were famous).
As you can see, he prefers to travel light with only his laptop or iPad along with some basic accessories.
Tools for traveling light:
- iPad Air 4th Gen: This is great for a multi purpose device.
- Apple Pencil 2: Essential when doing creative work, use this for note taking and writing down ideas, and drawing website wireframes or outlining projects.
- Magic Keyboard: Perfect companion when I’m doing editing/typing work, writing email copy for clients, or just attempting lightweight work that doesn’t require me to lug around my laptop.
- DJI Pocket 2: I’ve recently started carrying this as it’s an easy to use and lightweight 4k camera with an in built gimbal, perfect for moving shots or just simple street photography.
- MacBook Air 2019: A more general use device that I primarily use for building websites, Webflow work or editing videos.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases on some of the Amazon links that may be attached to the products above.
How do you spark creativity?
I find that my most creative time is between 10am - 11am in the morning. A well made flat white and some good coffee shop ambience is usually the perfect way to kickstart my creative power hour. If I’m lacking creativity or feeling a bit flat then a short walk in the woods also helps clear my head and get the creative juices flowing.
How do you keep the work-life balance?
I’m still figuring this one out, and I’m sure my girlfriend will agree. My recent improvements have included attempting a dopamine detox, and trying not to focus on any client work during the evenings and weekends. The latter has definitely helped and I find I actually get more work done during the hours I have available in the week.