166 - Zack Onisko
Zack Onisko is the CEO of Dribbble, the global community for designers and creative professionals to showcase, promote, discover, and explore design
Every day he gets to roll out of bed, take a shower, get dressed, and walk a 10 meter commute to Dribbble HQ – the office in his backyard.
It's quite luxurious when I think that years ago I used to spend hours a day commuting in horrible traffic back and forth into San Francisco.
- I love my plants. My office wouldn't be my office without my air purifying friends.
- My desk is a Mad Men era Florence Knoll designed piece that weighs more than a Buick but will last forever. It was walnut stained when I procured it, but I stripped it down and stained it black like a boss.
- I keep the 90’s alive with my Herman Miller Aeron chair. Classics never go out of style.
- For some reason I decided to sort my bookshelf by color. Please don't hold it against me. Some of my favorites on the shelf are the Messy Middle, the Beastie Boys Book, the Steve Jobs biography, Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman, and Draplin’s Pretty Much Everything.
- My home recording setup is pretty plain jane. I have a Scarlett 2i2 interface, some M-Audio studio monitors, an array of mics, keyboards, guitars, and things. I don’t do much recording these days with most of my focus on Dribbble, but in between calls with the team, I like to release stress by cranking up my guitar amp or playing some breaks on my daughter’s drum set.
- My dad’s old 1980's Ovation guitar is gorgeous sounding, so easy to play, and not bad to look at either. It's my go-to Summer porch strummer. I keep a Taylor in the house for couch jams.
- My turntable is a Pro-Ject Debut III. My record collection is growing slowly. Two of my favorites are original press Van Halen I and Guns N Roses' Appetite.
- I also have an autographed Led Zeppelin III album, Bonham included, hanging on the wall.
- For Father's Day, my kids gave me a MOVA globe. It's solar powered and rotates throughout the day. I'm quite fond of it.
- And to open in case of emergency – I keep an unopened bottle of Bulleit bourbon within arms reach.
066 - Freddie Carthy
Freddie Carthy is a Senior Software Engineer at Twitter working remotely from the Pacific Northwest.