289 - David Diamond
David Diamond is a Product Designer from Dublin, Ireland.
Prior to co-founding Pineapple, he was a Product Design Intern at Intercom.
Twitter → twitter.com/david_diam
Inside David's Workspace
- 14-Inch M1 Macbook Pro, I keep it super minimal on my tech setup, I've even ditched the monitor because I've found myself bouncing between home, the office and cafes on any given day.
- A Tidbyt that cycles through random stuff like the NY Times headlines, the time, weather and my personal fave the "It's five o'clock somewhere" app.
- Hay Chim Chim Oil Burner for nice smells, currently loaded up with the Shinrin-Yoku scent from Earl of East
- On the wall, I've got a light that I built from an acrylic tube and some smart LEDs
- For spotify and streaming music while I work I have a Harman / Kardon Onyx Studio bluetooth speaker on my desk
- For my record collection I've got 2 Technics 1210s, a MasterSounds Radius Rotary mixer and x2 Yamaha HS5 studio monitors
What is the most useful item in your workspace?
My Macbook for sure, outside of that, probably my speakers because I'm utterly incapable of working without music.
How do you spark creativity?
A good playlist or mix, talking to our users, brainstorming with the team, and unfortunately, reading Twitter threads 😢
How do you manage work-life balance?
At times it feels like I don't, but disconnecting the best I can at the weekends definitely helps, I've got a lotta work to do in this department thought.
What do you think is the main benefit of remote work?
Flexibility, particularly with the hours I work, I'm more of a night owl – I find it easier to get into a flow-state when everyone else is offline so having to be in an office at 9 every morning would definitely be a net-negative.
098 - Alex Cohen
Alex Cohen is one of the Directors of Product at Carbon Health. On nights and weekends invest out of Bloom Venture Partners.