386 - Noud Adrichem
Noud Adrichem is currently a Software Engineer working at bannerwise.io. In his spare time he's creating small tools/products that can help people like himself.
He created https://keycapsets.com to easily get an idea of what keycapsets are out there that you can put on your keyboard that works well with your workspace.
Inside Noud's Workspace
- Laptop: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) (it has my crappy gaming PC attached in the images... that is why its windows. I'm a big Apple user.)
- Mouse: MX Master 2 (grey)
- Keyboard: Prophet HHKB layout keyboard with WoB MT3 keycaps from Drop with H1 switches and all the lubrication fuz. It sounds and feels reeeallly good!
- Mousemat: Rama Canvas XL
- Wide (main) Monitor: LG-34UC99-W
- Side monitor: Dell U2515H
- Speakers: Presonus Eris E3.5BT
- Chair: Herman Miller
- Google Docs
- Studio 3T (mongodb)
- Postico (postgres)
What is your favorite item in your workspace?
I cannot choose between the keyboards or the monitor, so I'll go with both! I've been so hooked to this Ultrawide and the one cable setup that comes with it using TB3, It's amazing! Also, you cannot go wrong with custom mechanical keyboards. As a Software Engineer I use these things everyday!
How do you spark creativity?
I come up with some random ideas when I'm doing day to day things. I have this note on my Phone with project ideas. To really spark my creativity I open Miro on my iPad and just start drawing/writing things out.
How do you manage work-life balance?
This is a hard question but I think my answer can be simple... I do not, I love what I do. I made my passion and hobby my day to day work. But with that said it is important to separate your own projects from the things you do at work.
What do you do in your free time?
Like I said, I love what I do. I'm always reading or tinkering around with new tools and toys that have to do with programming and engineering. But when I'm not programming but do like to do something chill I like to play a bit of Warzone.