112 - Alex Dales
Alex Dales is a 3rd year student studying Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
He is currently a design intern at Autodesk, working on their construction management software. Prior to that, he also interned at Shopify.
Twitter → twitter.com/byAlexDales
- Herman Miller Aeron - I bought this chair a year ago after I started getting pain in my neck from sitting all day in my Staples chair. I'd suggest trying the sizes in person first, since I think I should've got the size C instead.
- 27" LG 4K Monitors - I shifted to a dual monitor setup for being in calls and sharing my screen at the same time, which I'm doing very often as a designer. However, I did appreciate that one monitor made it easier to focus on one thing at a time when working, with less distractions.
- Custom mechanical keyboard (Tofu 60, Alpaca switches, GMK Minimal and Shopify x Rama artisan) - My keyboard is my favourite part about my setup and I highly recommend building a custom board if you're thinking about it.
- Logitech MX Master 3 - Love this mouse since it's easy to switch between profiles for my work and personal laptop. I also love the side scroll and use it for zooming in/out of the canvas in Figma.
- Keycult x Grovemade desk mat
- Macbook Pro
- AirPods Max
- Pothos - It's nice to have some plants in the setup and this plant grows like crazy!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases on some of the Amazon links that may be attached to the products above.
What are you currently listening to while you work? (music, podcast, etc)
Primarily R&B (Don Toliver, the Weeknd, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Brent Faiyaz, Roy Woods...). I find R&B to still be relaxing, without being too chill to the point where I get bored of it quickly.
Who's workspace would you like to see featured next?
No one in particular, but I'd love to see more setups from other students!