194 - Meesh Lin
Since 2017, she has been mentoring aspiring and early-career designers and technologists. Currently, Meesh is a design mentor for First Round Fast Track and mentors seasonally for Co.Lab and ADPList. Outside of her 9-5, she also advises and freelances for early-stage web3 startups and DAOs.
Meesh was recently interviewed on an episode of the 5-star podcast “What Is UX?”, which will be released in the coming weeks. She will be a panelist speaker on the topic of collaboration for ADPList’s BeMore Festival on September 21st. And on October 7th, Meesh will be giving a talk, “The Art of Cross-Functional Collaboration,” for Ideate Labs x She Does Club’s Imposter to Empower Conference.
Twitter → @meesh_lin
Portfolio → https://meesh.design/
- 16-inch MacBook M1 Pro 2021 (Personal)
- 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019 (Okta)
- Apple Magic Keyboard, Silver
- Apple Magic Trackpad, White
- Apple Magic Mouse 2, White
- Apple AirPods Pro
- LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor, White
- Lumina AI Webcam, Silver
- Fully Jarvis Laminate Standing Desk
- Fully Sidekick File Cabinet, Silver
- Rain Design mStand Laptop Stand, Space Gray
- Victor Desk Organizer, White
- Nuluxy Laptop Stand, Silver
- Lume Cube White Edge LED Desk Light, White
- KIWI Design LED Desk Lamp with Phone Holder
- Mini Desk Vacuum from Okta
- Baron Fig Mastermind Desk Pad
- Baron Fig Nomad Sticky Notes
- Baron Fig Strategist Index Cards, To-Do and Note Cards
- Baron Fig Mastermind Week Pad
- Kaco Retractable Gel Ink Pens
- Copic Ciao Markers
- Marvy Uchida Markers for Sketching, Greytone
- ComfiLife Anti Fatigue Floor Mat, Charcoal
- Louise Velvet Task Chair by Kelly Clarkson Home, Grey
- Bonsai 10-Sheet Shredder, Black
- Books, books, and more books
Dog: Archie the Corgi
What is your favorite item in your workspace?
Besides my dog, I’d have to go with my Baron Fig Mastermind Desk Pad, with their Nomad Sticky Notes as a close second. I enjoy sketching out my thoughts and ideas and taking handwritten notes as things come to mind throughout the day. Simply put, Baron Fig produces fantastic products for creatives and writers, and I highly recommend everything that I’ve purchased from them so far (as more may come soon).
How do you spark creativity?
My creativity is sparked by those of others. I spend quite a lot of time researching well-designed new products, typically by happy-scrolling through Product Hunt or through word-of-mouth. Currently, I have roughly 30+ tabs opened of products I’ve found inspiring. Diving deep into the digital products others have crafted, in turn, helps me to think about how I can best design for my projects and users.