376 - Jurn van Wissen
Jurn van Wissen is an engineer turned product manager currently living in Thailand
He is also the co-founder and Director of Konkai, helping people get world-class healthcare access in Thailand.
Inside Jurn's Workspace
- 14" M1 Pro Macbook Pro
- aluminium vertical stand
- 4th gen iPad Air
- Logitech MX Master 2S
- 34" Ultrawide from Dell (U3421WE)
- BeWiser D2S monitor arm
- Sony Alpha a6400
- Elgato Wave:3
- Xiaomi Monitor Light Bar
- Krisp - Removes background noise from meetings
- VEED - Record, edit and share videos for presentations, bug reports, etc
- Rescuetime - Measure how I'm spending my time
- Todoist - Manage everything I need to do
- Mullvad - VPN software with good privacy
- Obsidian - Best note taking app
- Raycast - Can't miss this
- BetterTouchTool - Makes the touchbar on my personal MBP actually useful
- Bartender - Keeps the toolbar clean
- Rectangle - Great window management software
- Menu World Time - See the local time in difference timezones from the toolbar
What is you favorite item in your workspace?
My noise canceling headphones! I get distracted very easily so these are a huge productivity boost for me.
How do you manage work-life balance?
I look at work-life balance on a longer timescale than most people and don’t try to optimize it every single day. There are times when there is a lot going on and I might have to miss a workout or don’t get the amount of sleep I was hoping for, but there are also times when you have more time for those things. As long as they equal out long-term, I don’t try to beat myself up over it.
What do you think is the main benefit to remote work?
I live in Thailand which I would have never been able to do without remote work. The sun, the smiles, the delicious food and being surrounded by nature have all been a huge quality of life boost.